Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 5/28/2021 2:20 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:26:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 02:41:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Young people are not embracing driving in the numbers they used to. Fewer
have driver's licenses; fewer still own cars. Many of them are content to
call for a ride or rent a car when they need one.

If they happen to live in a metropolitan area. Hell, I live in a
large metropolitan area and there is no ride sharing, unless you want
to pay both ways.

Who said anything about ride sharing?

My mother uses Lyft to get to the doctor and has had her
groceries delivered for several years. She hasn't driven
since the 1960s.

If they want to get to a city 300 miles away, they fly.

300mi is a pretty short distance for flying. Much of the country
doesn't have commercial airports that close together. Hub and spoke
makes flying short distances even harder.

Short-range electric vehicles might be much more palatable to those who
will be driving after we've laid down our car keys.

"We" aren't laying down our car keys.

Do you expect to be one of those old men who plows into a crowd
because he's too senile to drive?

Cindy Hamilton

Or a Repub arrested for driving through a vaccination tent screaming "No
vaccines" endangering 7 workers.