Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Optically transparent covering?

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 2:31:28 PM UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 27/05/2021 23:27, T i m wrote:
snip
I'm not trying to actually 'measure' anything (although the sorts of
levels are interesting if they are correct and when compared with the
stated light output levels of domestic lighting) but to just get the
comparable levels that could be useful to automate what might equal
'it's a bit dark outside, better turn the light on', or enable the
'turning on a light on in the hall automatically with a PIR during an
overcast day and before sunset' ... sort of thing. ;-)

JOOI does the home automation software have built-in facility to ignore
short-term changes so e.g. the headlights of a car arriving don't turn
off the lights on the stairs?
--
Robin

A friend of mine related a story of a friend of his who had installed a motorised curtain system in his lounge activated by it going dark. He had my friend round along with some other mates to witness the system working. Sure enough as it fell dark the curtains closed only for a few minutes later for them to suddenly start to open and then close again this continued all night every time a car went past.

Fortunately he had not installed the system in the bedroom, I can only imagine the embarrassment being caught €śin flagantre€ť

Richard