Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Thu, 27 May 2021 08:27:00 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 5/26/2021 11:02 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 17:34:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/26/2021 3:38 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2021 17:20:01 -0400,
posted for all of us to
digest...

On Tue, 25 May 2021 16:01:14 -0400, Tekkieİ
wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 23:55:10 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

On Mon, 24 May 2021 21:58:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/24/2021 5:36 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:37:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

How do I do that with all the employees plugged in? Think I'll be be able to
plugin to the nursing home outlet? Do you think they will have charging
stations for visitors?

Do you think minimum wage nursing home employees will have EVs?

No. but the doctors, nurses, therapists and visitors may. Remains to be
seen.

They may in the future. There are also many charging stations at rest
stops now. Some restaurants have them so you can stop for a snack and
get a charge. More charging stations are popping up every day.

"Stopping for a snack & get a charge" How far will this take you? What's the
mileage for say a 20 minute charge?

So the customers are subsidizing the EV users (again).

What is many? Who pays to install, maintain them?

OK. your lack of knowledge is showing. There are a few commercial
enterprises putting them in and they charge the customer to use them and
they make a profit. Works like gas stations but they sell electric
instead of gas. Some have plans for discounts.

I wonder if battery swaps, of some sort, will ever be part of the EV
solution. My goal would be to reduce the charging time to roughly equal the
time it currently takes to fill a gas tank rather than hanging around at
the charging station for hours and hours. I don't think current EVs are
designed with quick battery swaps in mind, for multiple reasons, but it
could be nice at some point.

snip

Yes, that would be a plus. You are correct in that quick swaps are not designed
in. I believe for crash protection and fires. IDK Might be a future business
opportunity.

It would create a whole different design criteria, basically building
the car around a particular battery and some vehicles like the F-150
might actually use 2 but I see it as a niche market. It will be more
expensive and fraught with opportunities for fraud.

On a second look at it you are correct. Nothing like running out of your
recharged crappy battery 125 miles from destination. Will AAA cover this?

Also the safety points I made in another post.

Yes, I know someone that had his EV towed for that reason. His admitted
fault. Just as it is stupid to run out of gas. Happened to someone
here recently on a highway bridge and a passenger got out and was killed
by a drunk driver. So, check that fuel level and if applicable, battery
level.

The difference is someone can bring you a gallon or 2 of gas but you
are not walking to the charging station and bringing back a can of
kilowatts.

That is funny. I recall in the Carter gas crunch having a can of gas in
the trunk. I guess with an electric car you could carry an extra
charged battery.

Not that size, sorry. Ya got 600 volts on you? 8)

--
Tekkie