Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 12:46:40 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Exactly. Motorcycles, especially older models, have had the 'Reserve'
concept in place since just about forever. My current bike doesn't have a
mechanical reserve where I have to flip a valve, but it has a digital fuel
gauge that starts flashing and counts the miles. I know I can go 35-40
miles once it goes on Reserve. And yes, planning ahead is the best.

Seems to me that the older Volswagen bugs had the same thing. A reserve
tank, probably no fuel gauge.

8N Ford tractors had that reserve tank setting. One opened the fuel valve maybe
one full turn for the normal setting. Open it maybe two full turns to use the reserve
fuel.