Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Fri, 28 May 2021 14:47:01 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Jim Joyce writes:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 23:02:46 -0400,
wrote:

Maybe they can design a downsized and simplified version of an APU/EPU,
like fighter jets have, and power it with a very small tank of hydrazine.
When your batteries die, you fire up the APU and go another 50-60 miles.

Or just mark part of the battery capacity reserve and use the reserve
for another 50-60 miles.

Or just plan ahead.

Exactly. Motorcycles, especially older models, have had the 'Reserve'
concept in place since just about forever. My current bike doesn't have a
mechanical reserve where I have to flip a valve, but it has a digital fuel
gauge that starts flashing and counts the miles. I know I can go 35-40
miles once it goes on Reserve. And yes, planning ahead is the best.