Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Thu, 27 May 2021 22:03:23 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 27 May 2021 21:49:23 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 27 May 2021 15:22:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2021 01:04:58 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2021 22:23:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/25/2021 10:17 PM,
wrote:

But we don't buy a car for each task. One has to do it all.

Many do. I now have one car but for years I had two. Would be easy to
use one for the long trips and the other for the short stuff. Good
friend of mine has two cars. One gets an occasional 100 mile run, the
other never goes more than 20 miles.

I had two, also (still do). They were spaced far enough apart that
one was a junker. The other was really roadworthy. I now use both
for distance driving.

Just because it does not suit your every need does not mean it is not
the perfect car for others. I know a guy that does not even have a car.
Two or three times a year he rents one. Just as I know people with
pickups and the most it ever carries is two bags of groceries.

Who ****ed in your Wheaties today. There are people who never leave
their town. There are couch potatoes who don't haul stuff. Sure,
there may be a market. It's *NOT* universal.

There are millions of cars sold every year. The market for them is huge
and many types available.

Seems like people have a once or twice a year circumstance and therefor
nix the idea for everyone. Makes no sense, you are smarter than that.

Get over yourself.

I guess you aren't smarter than that.
You mean you ever had a doubt????

Many people rent a vehicle for odd trips out of town because their
car is eother unsuitable by design, or old enough they don't want to
trust them on a trip.

s /Many/Few

We rented a car a few times for a vacation but it was because we were
going to fly home. (Drive out, fly back)

Makes sense, depending on what you can get a rental for. One-way
rentals are usually ridiculously expensive.

It wasn't horrible to DCA (within Florida it is usually the same
price). We did the DC thing a few times, going up 75 and spending a
week or so in the mountains before cutting back over and hitting
301/206 around Richmond. (my folks are in Southern Md).
After more trips than I want to think about on 95 and 301/17/15 before
that I got to hate that ride.