Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Thu, 27 May 2021 21:53:50 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 27 May 2021 16:08:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/27/2021 3:26 PM,
wrote:

If they want to get to a city 300 miles away, they fly.

300mi is a pretty short distance for flying. Much of the country
doesn't have commercial airports that close together. Hub and spoke
makes flying short distances even harder.

When I lived in CT I traveled to Philadelphia often. It was faster to
drive than fly. At both ends the airport was an hour from my
destination, you had to be at the airport 1 to 2 hours before flight
time. Then I'd have to rent a car at destination. Not like the old days.

I lived 70mi north of NYC. We had to go to DC for a meeting. I told
my boss that I'd beat him to the hotel, driving a rental car. I did,
by an hour.

The only way to get from DC to New York is the Metroliner (Acela now).
That is one of the few rail lines in the country that make sense
because the airports are jammed and it is pretty much city all the way
from DC to Boston. They called it the Megopolis when I lived there and
it is only more congested now.