Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Outstalling a CH boiler

Theo wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:

I know you like being deliberately obtuse but if I had meant installing
in an enclosed space like a garage I would have said so.

Not so. I think you might find it hard to find a boiler suitable for
installing outside. So any form of building that shields it from the
weather etc could do a lot of damage if it blew up.

Clearly youve not understood my question at all. Feel free to cease
€ścontributing€ť.

Your OP said:

quote
However, if you were to €śoutstall€ť a boiler, I.e. fit it either on the
outside of your property or even in a detached outhouse/ventilated bunker
/quote

Dave is answering the part of your question about installing a boiler
outside. It's common with oil boilers but I've never seen a gas boiler
designed to be installed outside. If it's not designed for it, the
installer is not installing according to the manufacturer's instructions
which would be a building control fail.

Externally fitted gas boilers are actually very common in some countries. I
saw lots in NZ.

In any kind of structure there's still the risk of gas buildup if improperly
installed.

Hardly beyond the wit of man to design a lightweight well ventilated
weather-proof enclosure that would avoid the build up of any gas if
required.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls