Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 5/27/2021 6:49 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2021 15:12:44 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 5/27/2021 12:27 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 10:38:17 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 5/26/2021 2:41 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 9:52:52 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/25/2021 8:24 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 May 2021 19:26:07 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Why? If it gets me where I want to go, it does not matter. If range
drops from 300 miles to 200 miles I can still make my 20 mile trip
today. Non-issue for most of us.

But not my 1200mi trip, or the 500mi trip next month.
Never said it is perfect for everyone in every circumstance. I make a
2499 mile trip a few times a year and no, I'd rather not do it in an
electric with present range.

The average commute to work in the US is 16 miles, or a 32 mile round
trip. For most, no problem.

But we don't buy a car for each task. One has to do it all.
Many do. I now have one car but for years I had two. Would be easy to
use one for the long trips and the other for the short stuff. Good
friend of mine has two cars. One gets an occasional 100 mile run, the
other never goes more than 20 miles.

Just because it does not suit your every need does not mean it is not
the perfect car for others. I know a guy that does not even have a car.
Two or three times a year he rents one. Just as I know people with
pickups and the most it ever carries is two bags of groceries.

Seems like people have a once or twice a year circumstance and therefor
nix the idea for everyone. Makes no sense, you are smarter than that.

One thing conspicuously absent from this discussion among old men is
demographics.

We'll all be dead before gas runs out.

Young people are not embracing driving in the numbers they used to. Fewer
have driver's licenses; fewer still own cars. Many of them are content to
call for a ride or rent a car when they need one. If they want to get to a
city 300 miles away, they fly.

Short-range electric vehicles might be much more palatable to those who
will be driving after we've laid down our car keys.

Cindy Hamilton

Of course, everyone knows the question is not "gas running out". The
question is do we want to badly change the planets climate.

LOL!

Good Repub. Just ignore science.

You wouldn't know science if it bit you on the ass.

LOL!