Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 5/27/2021 7:57 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/27/2021 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/27/2021 6:58 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/27/2021 5:14 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2021 07:45:45 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/26/2021 09:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2021 11:16 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 21:36:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/26/2021 7:37 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/26/2021 3:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2021 3:31 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

Ed, I am respectfully ending this discussion. You believe the
government should
control our lives and I don't. I believe the progression of
EVs will
be the
same as horses to cars, steam cars to gasoline. I have other
thoughts
but I'm
over & out. Thank you,

Fine, but I never said the government should control our
lives.Â* I
just see the inevitable and EVs will be much of our future.

I'd rather see efforts made to improve them, get rid of the
lithium,
find better, easier ways to keep them charged.Â* Sorry if that
is too
progressive.

We are saying let nature take its course absent government
intervention.

That is a very simple statement and I have no argument against it.

If everyone thought that all they had to do was say so.Â* Instead
there
were many reasons EV is no good, can't be charged, house has to be
rewired, the farm won't work, can't visit family,

Good point about government intervention, just like the original
automobile.Â* The auto companies and dealers with private funds
build the
highways to drive them on. They did it to promote sales.

Nobody was giving you a taxpayer funded check to buy a Model T and
Rockefeller did not get a subsidy to put a gas station in every hick
town.

Did you forget the Cash for Clunkers program?

Yeah, great program. Get rid of affordable used cars by destroying
them.
Poor people can walk.

Tree hugging, "green" yuppies don't give a **** about how poor people
get around or how much of their green policy gets subsidized by the
poor.
There is no better example than the subsidy for electric cars and
solar panels. The people rich enough to put $30,000 on their roof or
buy a $50,000 Tesla get discounted electricity and for $40,000 on the
roof they may even be selling power back at full retail rates while
that person living from check to check is paying for it in higher
rates to cover the difference.
The left loves to tell us taxes are the price we have to pay to have a
functioning society but they are not paying any fuel taxes to support
the roads they drive their EVs on. They get a tax rebate for buying
the EV.

States will follow states like Ohio who charges $200/year extra for
EV registration only $100 extra for hybrids.

They should.Â* Per mile would be more fair, just like the gas tax but
harder to implement.Â* AFAIK. Hawaii is the only state that records
miles at inspection.Â* Many states thankfully don't have inspection.

Delaware does but you can get 5 years registration then another 2
without inspection then it is every two years.Â* Not sure about Ohio
inspection but you need registration every year.

Truckers have been paying fuel tax by mile in each state they travel for
years. It was a PITA for our truck at work as we mostly traveled in the
3 closest states.

I had to do it from the driver's logs and fuel purchase receipts but I
imagine with GPS there are better ways to track. Many cars have
navigation now so it should be simple. Google even know where I've been.