Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Moving appliances

On 27/05/2021 14:10, Theo wrote:
I need to move some heavy appliances - washing machine, fridge freezer etc -
by a few dozen metres (hard surface), including over a door sill.

Can anyone recommend what's the best way to do this without getting someone
else to assist? Obviously I don't want to damage them.

I once had a washing machine delivered and the sole delivery guy managed to
manhandle it out of the tail-lift van and into the kitchen using just a
'sack barrow' kind of thing. Would something like that be worth using (what
sort should I get?), or are there any better ways?

Thanks
Theo

Of course you use a sack truck. Over years and years of development,
nobody has come up with something better.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/heavy-dut...ck-300kg/3602p

That will do the job nicely. Nice big bouncy wheels that will probably
go over the door sill without any ramps being built.