Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default ?Q?=20=C3=83=C2=A2=C3=82=C2=80=C3=82=C2=9COuts talling=C3=83=C2=A2=C3=82=C2=80=C3=82=C2=9D?=?Q?=20a=20CH=20boiler?=

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
People often comment here on the inadvisability of installing a gas
boiler oneself due to building regs, possible effects on house
insurance etc.

However, if you were to ”outstall• a boiler, I.e. fit it either on
the outside of your property or even in a detached
outhouse/ventilated bunker with just the water pipes entering your
property, would that avoid all the potential issues associated with a
self install?

Not intending to do this, well not yet anyway, just wondering about
the legality of ”outstalling•.

Don't see it makes any difference. Unsafe work is unsafe work no
matter where you put it.

I‘m not asking about unsafe work, I‘m asking whether gas safe rules and
building control rules apply to a boiler that isn‘t installed inside a
house.

By that you're implying that an explosion in your garage etc is less
important than one in your house?

I know you like being deliberately obtuse but if I had meant installing in
an enclosed space like a garage I would have said so.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls