Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

In article , says...

They should. Per mile would be more fair, just like the gas tax but
harder to implement. AFAIK. Hawaii is the only state that records miles
at inspection. Many states thankfully don't have inspection.

I wish my state NC would do away with them. Before the computer cars
many places would just scrape off the old sticker and put you a new one
on if they knew you . Never look at the car.
Now they plug in the computer and don't look at anything else.

The garages problably lobby to keep the money maker. Some of the
dealers and other will find a few things like windshield wipers that
'need' replacing.