Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking

Default French Cognac vs. other Cognac

On Thu, 27 May 2021 09:47:24 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 May 2021 01:38:57 -0700 (PDT), bruce

On 2021-05-26 4:54 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
What is the actual taste difference between French Cognac and other Cognac?

If you get a liquid/solid modem, there is rather expensive software that
will analyse the tastes of the two and you can compare the two analyses
manually or with a text comparer.

============================

Qui sont les plus gros acheteurs de cognac dans le monde ?
Le Figaro - Jan 31, 2018
-- https://www.lefigaro.fr/conjoncture/...s-le-monde.php

There is no other Cognac. Cognac is brandy from the Cognac region of
France. If it is made anywhere else it is called brandy.

No way. In Montréal or any other french speaking city outside of France, you couldn't stop a Cognac maker from using that name.

Are you sure of that? Why would French-speaking cities be different
from towns and rural areas or from non-French-speaking places?

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-drinks-2018-9

I wonder if you went to a liquor store and looked at the ones labeled
cognac if maybe they are all from the Cognac region of France.

I think Champagne has lost its control of that word, but not every place
has.

But I don't think Worcestershire sauce was ever restricted to
Worcestershire! It's not even owned by Lea and Perrins anymore,
"Worcestershire sauce has been considered a generic term since 1876,
when the English High Court of Justice ruled that Lea & Perrins did not
own the trademark to "Worcestershire".[1]"

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.