Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default gas oven stuck on door open but door is not open.

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 4:45:09 PM UTC-4, Mary wrote:
screen on oven door went blank. When I tried to set clock "door Opn" came on. My door is not open. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, It happened again

I know that you are talking about an oven door, but I'm going to toss this out anyway.

There is a common problem with some dishwashers where the latch for the door doesn't fully
engage. Since the door status sensor is built into that latch, all it takes is a slight mechanical
adjustment to get the latch to engage fully.

Both my son and I (different makes of DW) were able to fix our "door open" issue through mechanical/
physical means.

In my case, all it took was a shim between the top of the DW - right above the latch - and the counter
to force the latch to engage tighter. In my son's case, his DW wasn't level side to side, which tweaked
the frame slightly cause the latch to not depress the sensor enough. In both cases the latch physically
held the door closed, but "electronically" it was still open.

Take a look at your door latch. Press down on the top of the stove and lift up on the door. Maybe
something has settled/shifted.

Good luck.