Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default ?B?UmU6IOKAnE91dHN0YWxsaW5n4oCdIGEgQ0ggYm9pbGVy?=

On 26/05/2021 21:51, Tim+ wrote:
People often comment here on the inadvisability of installing a gas boiler
oneself due to building regs, possible effects on house insurance etc.

However, if you were to €śoutstall€ť a boiler, I.e. fit it either on the
outside of your property or even in a detached outhouse/ventilated bunker
with just the water pipes entering your property, would that avoid all the
potential issues associated with a self install?

Not intending to do this, well not yet anyway, just wondering about the
legality of €śoutstalling€ť.

Tim

Most likely you could get the boiler installation checked by someone
with Gas qualifications. I have installed two gas boilers myself. When
I commisioned the 2nd one it was the night of the Guildford IRA bomb and
I could smell gas so explosions were on my mind. I spent ages checking
my pipe work but it was fine. I evenually found that it was the new
Ideal Standard boiler itself that was leaking. I tightened a nut which
held a small pipe in place and the leak stopped.

--
Michael Chare