Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Kitchen End Panels & Tiling

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Are these panels chipboard? My feeling about that is that no matter what
you do wetness gets in and makes the surfaces balloon quit quickly near
the cut edge.

I estapolled the edges and that worked fine.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Richard Conway wrote:
Hi all,

Just finishing off our DIY kitchen install and trying to decide the best
order to fit the end panels and do the tiling.

We're tiling all the splashbacks between the worktops and the wall
cupboards. As I see it I'll either need to tile then trim and fit the
end panels around the tiles, or fit the end panels and tile around them.
I can see both being okay but wondering if people have any good
reasons for doing one over the other.

Tiles cut to match and then grouted where they meet the panel looks best
IMHO.

--
*I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.