Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fan oven motor

On 27/05/2021 07:24, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher laid this down on his screen :
Oven fan? probly phosphor bronze bushings. I'd say 3 in 1 except its
gonna be up to 200C.

Are you sure they run that hot? Our gas oven fan draws cool(er) air in
from the back/rear of the ovens, through the oven and out via the front
door. Idea is, it prevents heat build up around the built in oven casing.

Well you are probably right. I had a brain fade and was thinking they
were extractor fans - they arent really are they - more circulation fans.

However my comments on bronze bearings stand. The quick fix is a squirt
of oil, the better fix is a complete soak on first of all solvent to
remove the old hard lubricant, and then soak in oil afterwards - the
bronze actually absorbs it.

Needless to say th e latter is mostly impractical and once you have the
fan out you might as well shove in a new one

--
€œwhen things get difficult you just have to lie€

€• Jean Claud Jüncker