Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ultrasonic cleaners - recommendations?

I remember putting a pcb in one once and it took all the screen printed
legends off the components and the pcb.
ahem.
Then again, a very old broach actually fell to bits in one with the tiny
gems bobbing about in the liquid, so one needs to know how things are
secured before trying this stuff.
IE don't use it to clean old radio dials as I did as all the print cam off
leaving wme with a bit of glass.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
On 26/05/2021 09:55,
wrote:
I've been tempted for a long time but haven't taken the plunge, so a few
questions to those who have: what do you use yours for? Are the cheaper
ones any good? Any recommendations?

I had a cheap one (oval plastic), I used it on jewellery occasionally.
Although it made the right noises, I didn't think it was anything like as
powerful as proper small laboratory models.

I see eBay now has "professional" 3 litre models complete with heater that
look much like the lab ones I used from £40 upwards.

Some of the chinese dealers quote "powers" which should be a useful guide.