Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Lithium ion battery developments

On 26/05/2021 17:29, Tim Streater wrote:
On 26 May 2021 at 15:30:21 BST, newshound
wrote:

I forget the numbers, but doesn't a motorway petrol station effectively
deliver tens of megawatts of power when its fuel pumps are all going.
So, to achieve equivalent performance in terms of "refuelling" times
recharging stations are going to need fairly substantial grid
connections as we reduce the present battery charging rate restrictions.

Yes yes, I've made this point a number of times. Good to see you've been
paying attention.

And I have also said that its no worse than a railway substation to feed
a railway line

Its predictable in terms of time cost and technology. Either its
commercially viable or it isn't but technically its standard crap

--
€œwhen things get difficult you just have to lie€

€• Jean Claud Jüncker