Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fan oven motor

On 26/05/2021 19:54, Tim+ wrote:

Turned my oven on tonight and the fan just hummed and didnt spin. Turned
it off and spun it with a stick poked through the slots and it ran fine
after that.

Im guessing its on its way out but was wondering if there is any future
in trying to lubricate the bearings or whether to cut my losses any just
order a new fan before it fails totally.

If it *is* worth trying to lubricate the bearings, what sort of oil should
I use?

Tim

Oven fan? probly phosphor bronze bushings. I'd say 3 in 1 except its
gonna be up to 200C.

Silicone spray?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JENOLITE-Si.../dp/B0897VM3BF

--
WOKE is an acronym... Without Originality, Knowledge or Education.