Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 26 May 2021 12:53:24 +0100, "Commander
Kinsey" wrote:

I guess IIUC UPS would wrap things for shipping if I sold on ebay, but
I'm not ready for that yet.

Has to be a fair price to bother with that. Ebay take 10%, then you pay shipping. If it's not going to make a profit, put it on freecycle,

The freecycle here is dying away. Get far fewer emails from them than 5
years ago. Though someone did take my gas lawnmower on Monday, and I
got a small stack of Handyman magazines yesterday.

But those are exceptions.

there will be someone who wants to play with old stuff, and you don't have to bother packing it, they come and collect it.

Ebay reaches more people. Those here who read Freecycle, or NextDoor,
or a community webpage I could use, don't know how to fiddle with any of
my old stuff.