PopRivet

Default wire nut connections

"John Leeke"
JohnLeeke*remove*this*spam*blocker*@HistoricHomeW orks.
com wrote in
message
there is a simple test. after you put the wire nut

on, try and
pull it off. give it a good solid pull. if it

comes off, it wasnt
on good enough. if it stays on, its fine.

I was taught to hold the wire nut and try to pull

out each wire
individually to see if it is loose. I caught myself

with a loose one
just yesterday.

John

THAT is the right advice! It's also a good idea to pay
attention that the wire won't move around at all, let
alone not pull out. A singly wire in the center of a
twist may not pull out, but can easily be felt to be
loose if it didn't twist, or if there is no pressure on
it.

Pop