Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Tue, 25 May 2021 20:28:32 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/25/2021 02:06 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 19:47:44 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

https://www.secretsofuniverse.in/tes...ion-technique/

There are some far field technologies but they have limited range and
tend to be detrimental to humans or other furry things that wander into
the beam.

I worked for a company that made dielectric heaters for the plastics
industry. Our quick and dirty test for a leaky RF cavity consisted of a
fluorescent tube taped to a broomstick. Transmitting enough power to
make it light up was not a good thing.

Sterility guaranteed!

There were two rumors -- sterility or increased fertility, take your
pick. This was the early '70s and microwave ovens weren't a thing. It
didn't take long for the people on the shop floor to figure out they
could heat their lunch in one, right after they learned to take their
meatball sandwich out of the tinfoil. The bigger models were 7.5 or 15
kilowatts.

We kept one of the little bench models in the engineering lab. It did
wonders for the day old stuff from Freihofer's Bakery across the bridge.

Freihofers is a name that I haven't heard in a loooong time. That was good
stuff.

fwiw, they were still using horsepower delivery in the city when I was a
kid.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/20/35/52/...6/5/1200x0.jpg

Unfortunately we were out in the country and it was a bread truck
painted to match. Put the sign in the window if you wanted anything.

--
Tekkie