Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On Wed, 26 May 2021 11:32:48 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Tue, 25 May 2021 20:08:00 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/25/2021 02:41 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
I put a little more thought into this post. One can't ignore the fact that
these batteries are rated for 600 volts and high amperage. That will more than
melt your monkey wrench. I think we all have to stay tuned...

I think the first responders may need a refresher course...

I know they have trouble putting out a lithium battery fire. They
pretty much keep burning until the battery dies. Squirting water on it
doesn't do much.

Yeah, foam has to be used on car fires because of the ethanol. They are
different from the get go because of the batteries. Also the car manufacturers
are using 'exotic' metals so it can be a **** show.

--
Tekkie