Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scribbles Scribbles is offline

Default Ultrasonic cleaners - recommendations?

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 10:40:10 AM UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 26/05/2021 09:55, wrote:
I've been tempted for a long time but haven't taken the plunge, so a few
questions to those who have: what do you use yours for? Are the cheaper
ones any good? Any recommendations?

My only experiences have been with an Elizabeth Duke sonic jewellery cleaner, used regularly for 20 years or so. It does an excellent job removing everyday grease and skin cells from rings, necklaces etc but I doubt it would have the cojones to clean a carburettor, even if the tank was big enough to accommodate one.

More recently, I bought a sonic cleaning brush with several interchangeable heads from Lakeland. While it's not quite the domestic miracle the marketers would like us to believe, it does remove much of the effort from such tasks as getting rid of black mould from the sealant round the bathtub or removing greasy dust from the ventilation grille above the oven.