Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Lithium ion battery developments

On 25/05/2021 21:22, newshound wrote:
The performance improvement in phones and the like will come from lower
consumption chips. I don't see the same applying to EV motors.

Again one is pushing at the limits: even in chop terms flops per watt is
running into barriers. The best way forward is probably 'low power
*algorithms* - software written to minimise CPU usage.

As far as cars go it isn't going to get much better without different
battery *technology*.

We have seen what EVs could be with a battery that doesn't yet exist.
And wont. What we need is a complete re-evaluation in the way we do
things, like whether or not private transport is allowed to continue.
Greens will be batting for that. Only Party Zils in special lanes
allowed for the virtuous

"Saki"