Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

On Tue, 25 May 2021 17:15:14 -0700 (PDT), Tim R
wrote:

You would be surprised what gets repaired and used again in third world countries.

And 1st world, if you are willing to give it a go. ;-)

Daughter is currently enjoying a 40" Sony TFT TV that was about to be
thrown away for the cost of a capacitor. ;-)

I have a 23" Dell TFT monitor courtesy of my next door neighbour that
just needed a cheap SMPSU from China. ;-)

(I'm still working on the 12V 20A SMPS out of my 3D printer, awaiting
the switcher device). ;-)

Cheers, T i m