Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

On 5/25/2021 10:03 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 01:15:02 +0000, Hgreen
wrote:

I have used CPVC and pex. The issue with CPVC is it gets brittle after a few years. It doesn't take much to break it. I quite using it a few years back and went to pex. I have only had one issue with pex. Pex isnt made for high temperatures. I wouldn't install it on any lines that the temperature will exceed 150°F. Also never install pex in direct sunlight it will break it down.

Homemoaners troll

Actually not bad to see. I knew CPVC was brittle as a neighbor told me
he accidentally broke a pipe by hanging on it when he worked under the sink.

Sunlight would degrade PEX as it does PE. Could also mention a neighbor
with it had numerous leaks from degraded fittings.