Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Virgin Media ...

John Armstrong wrote:

I got an email from Virgin on Monday which says:

"We wanted to give you a heads-up that the Usenet platform is being
removed from the Virgin Media service on 30th June 2021. After this
time you will not be able to add or remove content from the platform."

So I take it that they're removing the news server. No apology, no
more advice. Pity, because their broadband and cable tv are quite
efficient.

Could someone please recommend where I could now get Usenet access?

I moved to Eternal September in 2010, which is when
IIRC Virgin said they were closing their news server.

It is OK, considering it is free, but does have hiccoughs from
time to time, so I have recently paid for news.individual.net

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1