Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Insulation and vapour barriers

In message ,
Tricky Dicky writes
Thanks for all the advice, put my mind at rest. Now just a few jobs to
complete and it is on with the mancave.

Breaking news!

Post lunch international call enquiring after our loft insulation.
Nicely spoken English voice.

After a few opening gambits, it became clear she was hoping to arrange
some sort of follow up to the *green deal*? loft insulation we had
fitted to the farmhouse some years back.

She confided that both Rockwool and Glass fibre absorb moisture leading
to degradation and less effective insulation due to compaction!

At this stage I decided to be merciful and said we were no longer at the
farmhouse but had retained our landline number. Undeterred she moved on
to the loft insulation at the cottage. However, became totally flummoxed
at the idea a modern construction would have a vapour barrier....
--
Tim Lamb