Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

In article , Fredxx
writes
On 24/05/2021 19:39, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:50:11 +0100, bert wrote:
snip

It's *not* part of a 'natural diet' when the animal has been
created
unnaturally, kept unnaturally, fed unnaturally (high protein foods
making them gain meat mass in very short periods so their bones
collapse as they haven't grown as fast) and kill unnaturally (with no
hope of escape or defending itself) and comes full of chemicals that
would never occur in nature and that are making viruses that are
lethal to mankind antibiotic resistant.

All viruses are antibiotic resistant.

But are becoming more so because of or exposure to antibiotics in
meat.

You are demented to think that antibiotics have ever been effective
against viruses.

Which fanatic vegan site did you get this little gem from? Next you'll
be saying that Covid is a meat eaters conspiracy.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/antibiotics/uses/
"Antibiotics are used to treat or prevent some types of bacterial
infections. They are not effective against viral infections, such as
the common cold or flu."

Do you know the difference between a bacterium and a virus? Did you
attend school lessons in biology?

It's people like you who demand
doctors give them antibiotics which are then useless.

Again, all the assumption that makes you and ASS again Burk.

The assumption is you're a dick.

I am one who rarely accepts antibiotics but hey, since when would you
bother with fact over bull****.

Quite, when your bull**** is more bull than anyone else's ****.

It is a know FACT that humanity is suffering with antibiotic
resistance *because* of our regular consumption of antibiotics that is
given (routinely and to try to prevent death (= loss of income to the
'farmers') to livestock that we then eat.

Then campaign for either a ban or limited use in farming, perhaps for
pets too? especially since pets are more likely to transfer infections
onto their owners.

I didn't say it was the only path to antibiotic resistance, but a big
one.

So what are you going to do about it? Say the only solution is we
shouldn't farm animals? Or simply cut their usage?

+1 on every count.
--
bert