Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cut gas pipe

On Tue, 25 May 2021 14:52:45 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

The place I grew up in (built late 19th century) had gas pipes embedded
in most of the walls for gas lighting.

Our house is 1903. There are still lead pipes in some of the walls. I
removed the right angle pieces sticking out of the wall (they aren't
capped and are definitely not live).

THe only live pipe in the house is copper, circa 1988. One to the boiler,
and one to near a fireplace (now capped).