Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT'ish: Greedy plumbers?

In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
This thread has made me feel a lot better about DIYing. The saving on
labour costs has always been an incentive to DIY but I always felt I was
missing out when it came to buying parts and materials at retail prices,
well it looks like I am quids in there as well.

For large one off items (like boilers and rads) you're likely to find them
cheaper on Ebay than a plumber pays locally.

I'm not sure I'd want to trust to eBay for a replacement boiler

Why? May actually have better protection that way than collecting it
yourself. Many very well respected firms sell on Ebay.

I saved over £300 on my Viessmann buying it from Ebay over the best local
price I could find.

--
*DOES THE LITTLE MERMAID WEAR AN ALGEBRA?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.