Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default remote control of furnace

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 May 2021 13:05:58 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 05:37:47 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

This makes no sense.

If the day is warm enough to not need the furnace, then the thermostat will not turn it on. That's what they do.

If the day is cool enough to not need the AC, then the thermostat will not turn it on. That's what they do.

Just set your thermostat to a reasonable temperature and forget about it. Sheesh!

That's the way it was for years and every year there were a few days
that I didn't like that. It doesn't work. For example, most of the time
I want the heat set to 68, but if it's a generally warm time, then I
don't want the heat on even if it's 65 out, maybe even 60. With the AC
it's even more true.

You forget the OP is Micky, right??

And I forgot the obstinate nature of so many posters here! Ed's plan is
good, and if the floor plan had allowed for a wired thermostat there or
near there, I would have done it. I didn't want to use wireless. And
my current solution solves all my problems.