Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Smart meters, nearly fell off my stool.

On 24/05/2021 16:48, jon wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2021 16:04:50 +0100, Theo wrote:
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

I have just, well last week, had an email with a contact number on it
to call and get a smart meter installed complete with a talking
consumer device. Not run them yet, intend to do that tomorrow
afternoon, but wondered as I know we have had some people on here who
might know this, do they have any issues like making radio frequency
interference from their power supply or whatever?

An interesting RFI tale...
https://octopus.energy/blog/perils-w...ch-innovators/

Old Nikola would turn in his grave, if he could.

"an inverter (a type of rectifier)"

Who is expected to read that guff?

--
Max Demian