Phisherman

Default Paint Baseboards Before Carpet?

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:31:14 GMT, "Rev_Scuggins"
wrote:

Hello,

I've finished painting my home interior except for the baseboards. In three
days I'm having new carpet installed. Should I paint the baseboards before
the new carpet is installed?

My plan is to paint the baseboards before the carpet install, then touch up
any scuff marks made by the carpet installers afterwards. My old carpet has
been removed, so I won't have to worry about protecting the floor if I paint
them now. My concern is that the carpet installers may damage the baseboards
to the point where I'd have to completely re-paint them, so I'd be painting
them twice.

Should I wait until the carpet install is complete before painting the
baseboards?

Thanks,
Rev

At least prime the baseboard before the installer arrive. It would be
a good idea to lightly sand them too. It is easier to paint before
the carpet install, and better yet to do it a month before. Fresh
paint takes a month to fully cure and harden, especially oil-based
paint which is commonly used for trimwork.