Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default Two world wars and one would cup ..not

On 23/05/2021 16:24, fred wrote:
John le Carre quote

To hear Brexiters claiming that Britain won the war single-handedly
is, he says, €śemetic€ť. €śThe wonderful rightwing military historian
Max Hastings points out that we were bad fighters, that we were
extremely badly organised, and our contribution in terms of blood and
wealth and material was €“ I cant say trivial, but tremendously small
by comparison to the sacrifices of the other major powers. Russia
lost, what, 30 million men? And in treasure, heaven knows what. We
didnt win the war in that sense. We were on the winning side by the
end, but we were really quite minor players.€ť

Le Carré of course was a rabid remoaner

We gave all we had, and without us the war would not have been won at all

That bull**** with the war in the pacific which would have
been won even quicker if the yanks hadn't needed to have
bothered about europe.