Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Clock lights up only at night, 2005 Toyota Solara, can't be seen in the daytime

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 23 May 2021 10:47:38 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 3:30:30 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 22 May 2021 02:01:56 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 2021 23:16:01 -0400, micky
wrote:

Now that the speedometer is out, I can silence the annoying**** buzzer.

It sits on top of a circuit board, and I have no access to the other
side (because there are 4 needle meters*** mounted to the same pcb whose
needles are on shafts that go alll t he way to the other side.

If you were me, or better yet if you were you, would you

a) stuff cloth in the little hole in the piezo buzzer to make the
noise lower, hopefully much lower

I'd stuff the hole in he buzzer with some DumDum

I'd never heard of them, but I see that they sell them at the
supermarket I'm going to later today!

DumDum is auto body caulking, it's like play dough that mostly doesn't harden.
Must be some supermarket you have if they have that.....

It's also a Canadian candy. If it's sold in Maryland, might be sold in
NJ too.

I"m glad that wasn't what Clare meant. It's sugar and corn syrup, and I
thought it would dribble out.

The auto thing seemxs to be called other things now so the name must be
from before my time.

I put three layers of gorilla tape on the piezo buzzer, and I can still
hear it a little. Not sure if a little is too much. Not sure if putty
would do a better job. .....And now the back of the speedometer won't
go down all the way.

Too hot to work on it today.