Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On Sun, 16 May 2021 13:10:52 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 15/05/2021 19:03, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2021 18:03:45 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

New UK law:

"During a visit to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, the Environment Secretary said that the Government would take a significant step forwards on animal welfare by formally recognising animals as sentient beings through a new Animal Sentience Bill that will be introduced to Parliament tomorrow (13 May), putting animal welfare at the very heart of government policy decision making."

Hopefully good news (and there will be plenty of more of that to
come).

That will be a first if you support animal welfare while an animal is
alive.

If it improves farm animal welfare and demand humane slaughter, to
include the stunning or bolting of animals before slaughter then that
will indeed be a step forward.

********, killing is 1 billion times worse than torture.

If animals are to be recognised as sentient beings, shouldn't that mean everyone must become vegetarian?

No, because that means we aren't recognising the sentience and so
rights of egg laying chickens or cows.

If we want children's brains to develop normally then they require a
natural balanced diet to include meat products.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...r-intelligence

Bull****. You need vitamins X Y and Z and that's it.