Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Spain's New Variable Price Electricity

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 23/05/2021 10:46, Jethro_uk wrote:

If there was any honesty in the free market mantra the Tories use to shot
on us, we should be able to buy our electricity from Spain. Or indeed
anywhere.

I'm still waiting to be able to change my water company - as promised by
their privatisation. When's that due ?

I don't have a meter and pay what I consider is an excessive charge, but
the company claims that they can't review it as it's based on the rates
that don't exist any more.

I don't think competition does the customer any good apart from tins of
beans on the supermarket shelf.

Competition made one hell of a difference when we dumped our
monopoly phone company and got real competition. With the
mobile phone service in spades. We have $10/month for unlimited
calls and texts and MMSs to any landline and mobile in the country
now.

Electricity and gas is much more competitive now too.