Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Smith[_4_] Richard Smith[_4_] is offline

Default hydraulic valve - opens on set pressure, closes no pressure

"Jim Wilkins" writes:

"Richard Smith" wrote in message ...

"Jim Wilkins" writes:
Do you have the equipment or machinist friends to consider custom
machining as part of solutions? ...

Machining, making parts and equipment... My cider-maker / cider
supplier could feature in that... Can see a need to trade favours...

-----------
So not easily, perhaps shortening a bolt but not to the full custom
extent I would otherwise suggest, like the small piston in the
cylinder end cap. Experimenting is difficult when you are limited to
only what you can afford to buy. My shop is what an inventor would
have dreamed of in 1960 though perhaps not today, after 50~60 years of
wear.

How about electronic test equipment? Capturing the brief peak value
from an analog pressure sensor during rapid cycling will be difficult
without a digital storage oscilloscope.

https://www.aliexpress.com/price/200...sor_price.html

Could be more than that...
Device with an eccentric crank?
Simple and presents a huge bearing area to take high forces.