Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_4_] Peter Johnson[_4_] is offline

Default OT'ish: Greedy plumbers?

On Wed, 19 May 2021 15:12:38 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

A painter and decorator was working in a house opposite
me. One day a small lorry turned up, signwritten in
the logo and decals of a Paint supplier based 10 miles
away and handed over three tins of paint. I assume the
decorator had a trade account with them so they just
delivered to where the guy was working. Customer just
ends up paying.

When I worked for Crown, nearly 20 years ago now, we'd often deliver
to a decorator's worksite. There was no extra charge for it. And often
the decs were getting a good trade rate, too.
Some of them had us deliver to their home addresses. If there was no
one in we'd leave the paint inside the side gate or behind a bush.