Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

"Tim+" wrote in message
Ian

On 2021-05-20, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
By the time we are forced to EVs, they will be available with the same
range as any current diesel car. In other words, as far as any normal
person would wish to travel in one day by car.

****ing hell! Mystic Meg speaks!

Have you not noticed the increase in range in the short time EVs have
been
around? And think it impossible it will get even better?

Sure, it will get better, and will (have to be) good enough, as it's been
decided that this is the way we're going, and a lot of people are going
make a lot of money from the tech. refresh, even if the end result makes
us worse off.

Everyone here seems to obsess over the negatives
and refuse to acknowledge the positives of EVs.

There are none.

On my current variable tariff my fuel costs less than 2p per mile.

Pity about the stupid price for the EV to get that and the
stupid cost of replacing the stupid battery so quickly.

Even if I was on a standard fixed rate tariff of say
15p/kWh, it would still be under 5p per mile.

Pity about the stupid price for the EV to get that and the
stupid cost of replacing the stupid battery so quickly.

I do 99% of my charging at home.

Pity about the stupid price for the EV to get that and the
stupid cost of replacing the stupid battery so quickly.

The only charging I do away from home is on free chargers.

Pity about the stupid price for the EV to get that and the
stupid cost of replacing the stupid battery so quickly.

This is of course a time limited perk in Scotland but
Id be a fool not to take advantage of it when convenient. ;-)

Pity about the stupid price for the EV to get that and the
stupid cost of replacing the stupid battery so quickly.

Zero emissions at the point of use.

Pity about the emissions with producing the electricity.

Maybe you dont worry about your local air quality

Yep, its fine.

but if you lived in a congested city you health would
almost certainly benefit from better air quality.

Bull****.

Also, theyre *really* nice to drive.

Pity about the stupid price for the EV to get that and the
stupid cost of replacing the stupid battery so quickly.

Of course they have their downsides (as trumpeted
here ad nauseum) and definitely wont suit everyones
usage needs but Ive done 10,000 miles of stress free
motoring since last September.

Thats lie with most with range anexity.