Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default oscilloscope

I think if its video heads it has to be real time. One has to adjust the
system so the bit with the video is at the point where the rotating heads
are actually on the tape. I used to do the old Philips ones and if you were
not careful, a new head assembly could end up with the tracking up one end
to avoid a noise bar, or sync jumping.
I did try to set up a Toshiba 7 head btamax once, never ever again. five
hands and two scopes at least I reckon, even then if you jolt the machine
in transit its all to cock again. bah humbug.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave W" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 May 2021 13:41:20 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

A friend of mine (one who has been enormously helpful to me in the past)
needs to borrow an oscilloscope. It's to set up some complex thing; the
heads on some sort of video equipment I think. TBH I couldn't follow his
technobabble. Is there anyone not too far from Doncaster/Rotherham who
could lend him one? I'd do the running about.

Bill

I wonder if he could use Audacity, which goes up to 20kHz?
--
Dave W