Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A genuine home repair question.

On 5/20/2021 7:51 PM, wrote:
About a month ago my water heater (4ish years old) T&P valve popped off and wouldn't re-seal, so I replaced it. No issues for about a month, now it's dripping. I can"burp it" but drips again in a little bit. I'm wondering if I need to turn the temp down, I'ts where ever the factory set it, seems pretty hot. Not overly hot but hot. Thoughts??

What is the water pressure? If you don[t know, you can get a gauge like
this to check

https://tinyurl.com/ynuhuh8u

Temperature should be about 125. Pressure should not exceed 50 psi.