Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

T i m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I know they 'can' pump all sort of stuff fairly long distances

Across the entire country and entire regions in fact.

Quite. Interested to know many long distance *petrol*
pipelines are in action around the world though.

The number doesn't matter. The pipelines are mostly crude or gas
for other reasons, like the number of different pipelines needed.

(Dad was on Shell Tankers for 12 years) but it's funny that after 100
years of the IC engine, they still don't (for Joe Public to access)?

Yes they do.

Not that I was talking about this but are you saying it's
the norm for petrol stations to be 'plumbed in' (other
than those that are quite near terminals / refineries)?

Nope, just in some situations like airports and ports.

It's a lot cheaper to use tankers in other situations.

I was actually saying that they haven't plumbed petrol to
people homes (in the same way they have with water and
gas (even then not in all locations) and after all these years?

There isnt any point in that because the petrol use is so much lower.

And gas did in fact transition from tankers to pipelines to homes.