Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Clock lights up only at night, 2005 Toyota Solara, can't be seen in the daytime

On Thu, 20 May 2021 17:15:29 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 May 2021 13:21:16 -0400,
wrote:

* * * top post * * *

a couple of google hits :

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...25171_ds647556

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads...#post-12307786

These sound about right, but when you look at ttem closely, they're
about dash lights that go OFF when the headlights go ON. My lights go
off when the taillights go off.

Also, one refers to the dashlight dimmeer control and its detent, but my
car is a year or two older and has no detent.

Scott has a point that if it's a clock, of course it knows when it's
dark out, so I had a plan to advance the clock 12 hours, to turn day
into night. But alas it's a 12-hour clock.

Thanks all.

cpmtec answered 6 years ago

When your lights are on the turn the knob that you use to reset the
tripmeter this allows you to adjust the brightness of the lights and
to turn them all the way off. I believe when the drl are on the dash
lights must be on but when you turn the headlights on you can adjust
the brightness of the dash lights.
10 people found this helpful.
Mark helpful
20

Guru5B389 answered 3 years ago

THANKS; YOU WERE A LOT OF HELP. MY PROBLEM WAS SOLVED.
2 people found this helpful.
Mark helpful