Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Murphy bed progress

On 5/20/2021 12:53 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 6:18:39 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
So the bed section, that which folds up, now only needs the hardware to
be attached, lightly sanded, and painted.

I used the Shaper Origin to cut 6 arcs on the top rails of the platform.

I used a plug-in program for Sketchup to produce the needed SVG file for
the arc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

Glued and pinned.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

And getting heavier.

It's looking good and I like your use of modern technology.

Thank you!

The Shaper Origin has pretty much found it's way into every job I have
done for customers and myself. Except for the kitchen job that I
finished at the end of March. Kinda like the Domino, I had no idea that
I would use it this much so far. Cutting box joints are a piece of cake
and much easier than any jig that I have used, Leigh or Incra iBox.

I can't wait until you invite us all over for the final reveal.

Just around the corner. I am going to build tower cabinets to put
beside it too.

A screen shot of where this is headed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

And I just sanded and painted this part this morning.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

I just bought some new silk pajamas.

TMI! ;~)