Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT. Gas Pricing

On Tue, 18 May 2021 21:03:57 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:11:23 -0400, Tekkieİ
wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2021 21:22:41 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/17/2021 02:18 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
The area I live in is getting rid of the loops in favor of cameras that detect
objects in the field of vision. It senses bikes fine. It does not record plates
or drivers faces for enforcement. Also sonar is used to detect traffic
movement, we want people to get out of here as quickly as possible... The state
also requires us to have traffic preemption devices to give priority to
emergency vehicles. Turns all lights red except for the EV which is green. The
cost of traffic signals is about $100k depending on the posts. Then you have
maintenance. When the power goes out the fire co. has to haul out generators to
power the lights otherwise the fire police are out there in all kinds of
weather forever. Drivers don't know they are supposed to stop for a broken
light.

https://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...654a6cf4f.html

Another little Montana quirk... No RealID, no COVID passport, no
testicles in the girls' sports, no Biden magazine bans, etc. Funny thing
is both the Democratic and Republican governors tell DC to screw off.

They does have the preemption devices. The one that drives me crazy is
an intersection I go through almost every day. If I go straight I have
to make a left turn. If I stay in the left turn lane I make a right turn
to get to the same place which is more efficient.

The straight ahead signal changes first. Sometimes the left turn signal
changes at the same time. Sometimes it's a minute or more. Damned if I
ever figured out the logic.

It depends when you trigger the signal. I know the light near me does the same
thing. The state determines the timing, they have eng-inears to figure it all
out...

Lee County has a traffic control computer system that regulates all
the lights at major intersections and it works surprisingly well. Most
of the time you can go 8-10 miles on US 41 past dozens of lights and
never see a red.

Around here they are connected with fiber. Programmed for "rush hour"
conditions. They are now confused because there is no rush hour here. But
traffic is increasing and they are adaptable so I suppose flow will improve.
The trouble with PA is the many of the side streets with short stretches
between the main artery's mess things up. Old single lane roads with no turn
lanes, etc. I am in country bumpkin country with literally cow paths converted
in major roads that do not allow improvement because houses are abutting the
road. The cops can see the images from the cameras and monitor the traffic, but
who has time for that? They are better things to do than traffic tickets.

--
Tekkie